Wednesday 18 July 2012

Another ending. I made a mistake. It was a small sentence, and I pushed you away. I'm sorry. I regret it now. I need you back. I didn't know what was happening. All of a sudden, too much was happening. I was confused. I didn't know what to say. So instead of thinking it through, I just did it. I ended what shouldn't have ended. What should have stayed. "You" should have stayed. And yet I don't blame you. You didn't do anything wrong. It was me. Me, me, me, who ruined your life. I didn't mean to. I promise. And I'm so so sorry. Your parting words were beautiful. And I can't believe I gave you up. Some days, I didn't trust you. Some days, I hated you for not starting the conversation. But that hate never stayed. I just couldn't stay angry at you. I always loved you. And I'm still stuck in the moment. Some days, I loved you too much. I spilled everything that came into my mind. I told you secrets. You were so far away and I hardly knew you but God, I trusted you! And I miss you. Some days, when we wouldn't talk, I felt like something was missing and I'd remember you and I'd smile. Because the thought of you always brought a smile to my face. At night, there were times when I'd completely lose my mind. And I'd start sending you random messages. It was so so much fun and...
I remember the first time I talked to you. So awkward yet so familiar. You'd have asked me anything and I would have told you. Then we started talking. Always. Every time. I didn't pay attention to exams. I gave it all up for you. And now you're not here anymore. You've gone. I love you...
"I hate it when you go away. But what can I do?"
I won't ever forget a single thing you said to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment